Thursday, May 27, 2010
I feel like I have been "abused" at my job. I feel like I'm treated like someone who didn't graduate from college, someone who isn't supposed to be an accountant. I NEVER get to make any decisions, I NEVER get to put my two cents in, and if I do try and put my two cents in, I feel like my bosses choose to do EXACTLY the opposite. More days than not, I struggle with why I am even here since I'm just doing meaningless work. And by meaningless, I mean having EVERY single little thing I do nitpicked until it's not even close to what I started with.
Well, I was waiting until my husband found a job that he was enjoying, after all, he isn't even using his degree at his job, but I can't wait any longer. I am officially back out on the job market. Not officially, of course I have to keep my current job until said new job comes along, but still, I haven't looked at another job in over 1.5 years, but it's time.
I know one thing is for sure, I cannot do this for the rest of my life... and by this, I think I mean accounting.
Excuse me while I go scratch my lottery tickets :-)
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Well, I was wrong. The first time I took my car to get an alignment, I picked it up at the end of the day, and my car was pulling the OTHER way. I immediately turned the car around and marched back in and told the people. They told me there was no way, and to take it home and have my daddy drive it.
This didn't sit well with me. I'm the one paying, I want you to take another look at my car. After fighting with this ignorant man for a few minutes, I finally got in my car and drove to my dad's work. He drove the car and COULDN'T believe how bad the alignment was. He drove it back to the store and they fixed it immediately. UGH!
Last year, I took my car in for a routine oil change and tire rotation. I did this at one of those quick change places on my lunch break. As I'm sitting in the little room waiting on my car, the techs are tearing apart my car without knowing how to put it back properly. I take the car when they say they are finished and it sounds like the tires are going to fall off. I go back and they ask me "Sweetie, was it making this noise before or after you brought it in?" I almost lost it. They rotated my tires, but in doing so, they knocked a shield of some sort into my tire, so it was rubbing.
Then, yesterday I dropped my car off to get the front end fixed (tie rods and control arms went bad) under warranty. As I'm driving home after picking my car up, I notice that it sounds like I'm dragging something under my car. I pull over on the side of the road and call my husband. He doesn't answer. I call my dad and ask him what the h*** I'm supposed to be looking for, cuz it sounds like my car is about to fall apart. After getting UNDER my car in a parking lot of the Big Lots, I decided to drive the rest of the way home. While I'm on my way though, I call the dealership and tell them I will be bringing my car back in tonight/tomorrow because something isn't right. He asks me if I'm sure this is a NEW sound? Are you kidding me? I'm not a moron. And plus, he drove my car around before and after... did he hear the sound? He couldn't have not heard it, as my neighbor's heard it from inside their house when I pulled in the driveway.
We proceed to have a friend who is a mechanic stop over on his way home from work and take a look. Come to find out, another shield of some sort wasn't correctly replaced and was rubbing against more metal, causing this horrible noise.
Last night, I did something I never thought I'd do...
I handed over my car responsibilities to my husband!
I guess you can't have boobs AND be treated like a human at an autoshop. UGH!
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Here are 100 facts about me that not everyone knows!
1. I married my best friend.
2. We've been together for almost 8 years (married for 2)
3. My sister is my best friend. We talk all the time.
4. Joe and I have been together since high school.
5. We've never even taken a break.
6. I'm an accountant.
7. I have no intention of doing this for the rest of my life.
8. I can't wait to have children.
9. I hold my husband's pinky finger instead of his whole hand.
10. I used to do that when I was a child.
11. My all-time favorite movie is The Little Mermaid.
12. My brother is very musically talented, and I envy him.
13. I cannot stand when people are late.
14. I also cannot stand when people don't return my call.
15. I freaked out when I turned 25.
16. I am deathly afraid of snakes.
17. I can't even look at a page in a book with a snake on it.
18. I am convinced that I will be eaten by a shark if I go out in the ocean.
19. I already have names picked out for all my children.
20. My husband wants to name all our boys with the same first name and different middle names, and call them by their middle names. The jury is still out on this one!
21. I would get married every year if my husband would let me!
22. I never wore a seatbelt until I got into an accident at 16 that it saved my life. Now, I never leave the driveway without buckling up.
23. I've gotten pulled over 4 times and only gotten a ticket once. I would say I was lucky, eh?
24. Taco Bell is my favorite fast food restaurant, even though it makes me sick EVERYTIME I eat there.
25. My parents made my husband and I wait until after college to get married. I was mad then, but I can't imagine being in school and married now.
26. I hate steak. I won't even try it now that I'm older.
27. The only meat I really eat is chicken. I will occasionally branch out, but that doesn't happen very often.
28. My husband is the chef in our house. If it didn't come from a box, chances are, I didn't make it!
29. I like all kinds of fruit, except pomegranite, since I'm allergic to it.
30. When I was a kid, I wanted hunter green carpet, only because my best friend had hunter green carpet. I hated it as soon as it was down, and my room at my parents house is still carpeted in hunter green... YICK!!
31. My husband never spent the night at my parents house. He thought it was disrespectful to my parents. They appreciated that!
32. We went to Jamaica on our honeymoon. It was TERRIBLE!
33. I snuck home every weekend during my freshman year of college to stay with my now husband. He lived a few miles from my parents and they never found out.
34. I tell Joe every year what I'm getting him for Christmas. I know I shouldn't, but I get so excited.
35. The above fact leads me to believe that I will make a terrible Santa when we have children.
36. My husband has wrapped up a box filled with nothing and put it under the tree because I unwrap gifts and re-wrap them just so I know what I'm getting.
37. I want to be a stay-at-home mom when we have children, but I cannot wrap my head around how we can do it financially.
38. Joe's best friends treat me like one of the guys. It's great to have so many friends.
39. While they treat me like one of the guys, they also kind of look after me in a sisterly way. They would do ANYTHING for me!
40. I hate driving in the snow.
41. I rarely do it, most of the time my husband has to drop me off.
42. Putting down my puppy was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.
43. I love getting comments from the bloggy world. It's such a neat world, without judgement and lots of cyber-hugs.
44. I wish some of our friends would hurry up and get married so there will be more girls around!
45. Joe's cousins keep having children and naming them the names I want to name our children. UGH!
46. I spend way too much time on facebook.
47. Hence the reason my husband calls me "his little stalker".
48. I used to be the tallest girl in class.
49. Now I'm 5'7" and my husband is 6'2" and I feel short next to him.
50. We bought our first house last year. We are still decorating and moving in, it seems.
51. I was sick the day we signed the papers because it was such a big decision.
52. We have a black lab named Riley.
53. She is like a child to us, she's spoiled!
54. I talk to my mom everyday on my way home from work. If she or I don't talk, we immediately think something is wrong.
55. I read 12 books on vacation this year! I love reading.
56. I love sleeping, and that is one of the major reasons why we don't have children.
57. I call my husband Jose.
58. Neither of us is Mexican.
59. I'm convinced that a male created seatbelts. They are the most uncomfortable things ever!
60. I never wear socks unless I'm wearing tennis shoes.
61. I love getting pedicures!
62. My sheets cannot be tucked into the bottom of the bed.
63. I don't keep my feet under the covers at night. They're claustriphobic.
64. Someday I will have a job that I enjoy, and the pay doesn't matter.
65. Going to a job you hate everyday is one of the hardest things I've ever done.
66. I worked at a mini golf course my first few years of college. It was so much fun.
67. That was my first job. My parents didn't make me work in high school.
68. My favorite vegetable is celery. I love sliced celery!
69. I will pick peppers out of ANYTHING I eat. I can always taste them and I hate them.
70. I can't drink water without lemon in it.
71. I ask for extra lemon when we go out to dinner just to be safe.
72. We have a king size bed, I'm not sure how anyone can sleep on anything smaller.
73. My best friend (not my sister) is talking about getting married. I've never been more excited for her.
74. Joe's grandpa hit on my grandma at our wedding. My grandpa didn't think it was very funny.
75. Doritos are my favorite kind of chip. I can eat the whole bag on any given day.
76. I love ice cream, but Joe hates it!
77. Before I started dating my husband, we spent the night in a hotel together. (Not like that... I had lied to my parents... I was in high school... and I was supposed to go camping with him and lots of friends (we weren't dating yet) but the plans fell through. He invited me to stay at his parents house and I said NO WAY. We ended up at a hotel room where he slept in a separate bed. That's when I knew he was special!)
78. I've never been in a wedding, except my own.
79. My husband is catholic and I'm not. It caused problems when deciding on a wedding venue.
80. My sister and I look nothing alike.
81. I wanted to be a physical therapist all my life. Don't ask how I got to become an accountant.
82. I can't stand when people whine.
83. I bite my nails. It's one of the hardest habits I've ever tried to break.
84. My in-laws own a coffeehouse.
85. I hate coffee.
86. My husband brought me coffee to school everyday in high school. I felt obligated to go out on a first date because of this coffee.
87. I got kicked out of my town's softball league for being too good.
88. I broke a girl's arm with one of my pitches.
89. I still own the car I drove in high school, although I've given it to my husband when we bought a new car.
90.My college softball team got to meet Ty Pennington and Paige from Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. They did a house in Youngstown Ohio while I was going to school there.
91. My dog has a boyfriend across the street and they howl back and forth across the road at each other. It's the cutest thing.
92. We are by far the youngest people on our street. Both our neighbors are in their 90's. Needless to say, it's a very quiet street.
93. I do NOT have a green thumb. I kill everything!
94. I grew up with a pool, and I will have a pool in my backyard someday.
95. My in-laws were late to our wedding.
96. I made a no-stress rule on my wedding day, so I wasn't even worried when I was supposed to walk down the aisle in 5 minutes. They weren't going to ruin our day!
97. They made it with a few minutes to spare.
98. I love walking, and enjoy taking my dogs on walks daily.
99. I despise paying bills. They are HORRIBLE.
100. I love my life and wouldn't change anything about it!
Thanks for reading. If you have any questions or comments, I'd appreciate them!
Monday, May 17, 2010
This really is what our room looked like. Every room in the hotel is a suite, which means you get this monster shower (with no door), a jacuzzi tub for two, and a huge bathroom. The only downfall was that everything was very open. This is fine for a married couple, but if you're going there with someone whom your only dating, it could get a little awkward when using the facilities (if you know what I mean!) The bed was honestly like sleeping in a cloud. I had the BEST NIGHT SLEEPS of my life right there in that bed! We also had a couch and tv, a table with two chairs, and a huge balcony which overlooked a pool and the ocean!
Those are just some of the pictures that I found! This place was uber-modern and everything about it was done to a T. I would love to go down there and stay at that same resort again! It was like another honeymoon for us. We had so much fun!
I'm not excited to be back home, and even less excited to be back to work. But I am excited to get wet puppy kisses from our little pooch when I get home today. I missed her, and my friend who works at the dog kennel said she moped around all week, missing us.
Stay tuned, more pictures to come later :-)
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Then I come back to work to a pile of sh** on my desk that needed to be done while I was sick. Gee, thanks co-workers for no help while I was out sick. I’ll remember that when you’re out sick, or having a baby, or breaking your arm, or pulling the muscles in your back (yes… all true stories of what I have helped out with in the past!).
Now, I’m in vacation mode. This past weekend, Joe and I went and bought him an entire new wardrobe. Thank you Burlington Coat Factory for not charging me and arm and a leg for pants that fit my husband. He was in dire need, but our checkbook wasn’t having any of that… so I do appreciate you being fairly priced. We came home with 4 stuffed full bags of clothes for Joe for only a little over $200.00. It was pretty much a steal of a deal! Now if I could only get 4 bags of clothes for that price, we’d be set. (And I’d have way too many clothes!)
This week at work is close week, which means that my week FLYS by… thank goodness. But… with vacation comes all the crappy stuff at work that I have to endure before leaving. Like, getting everything ready for me to be gone a week (away messages, emails sent out, forwarded voice mails… you get my drift!) Tonight I’m going to join the local library and pick up some good books for vacation. Last year, I read 12 books in the week. I’m going to have to get a lot of books again this year!
Tomorrow we have our first beach volleyball game. We’re playing on a co-ed 4 person league. We’re terrible. And… did I mention that I am going to be the only female tomorrow so that means that I cannot even sit, I’m going to have to play all the games. UGH!
Thursday I’m going to the nail salon after work and getting my traditional before vacation pedicure. I cannot wait. I love getting pampered and I love having my toes painted. I absolutely loathe painting my toenails, but I loathe more not painted toes!
Friday my goal is to get through work and then get home and finish up laundry and pack. Saturday morning I want to take my mom to breakfast for mother’s day, drop my dog off at the kennel, and… get everything ready to go (which means last minute runs to Walmart, packing, weighing our suitcase, etc.) finishing, I’m sure, just in time to leave early Sunday morning.
I’m sure I won’t be back on until after our vacation.
VIVA LA MEXICO!!!!