Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend in a Nutshell




- Friday night a few friends came over and played Chicken Foot with us. It’s such an easy and fun game to play while still being able to chat. We were having so much fun we didn’t realize that it was after midnight when they left. I love spending time with such great friends.


- I’m so proud of myself. On Saturday afternoon, Joe and I, along with some friends picked the towpath up in Akron and rode all the way up to near Pennisula AND BACK. Yes, my friends, we estimated it at almost 20 miles. Just the weekend before that I ONLY did 8 miles. I was so excited when we finished those 2.5 hours on a bike. My butt was also excited when I finished. (I dunno who invented bike seats, but they had to HATE everyone. They are NOT comfortable.)


- Sunday had some seriously crappy weather, so what better thing to do on a rainy dreary day than hit the mall. I shopped with my sister and her friend. It was so fun. I was able to try on clothes at a store that I don’t usually go into and actually buy some stuff. I’m not going to lie, I spent much more than anticipated but it was totally worth it. I got some great deals and some even cuter clothes for vacation.


- Last night, we went to dinner with my husband’s family and his grandfather. This poor old man pains me. He always talks about how he doesn’t recommend anyone live to be his age. He has watched his wife die, and two or three very close “lady friends” in the 15-20 years of his life. He gets frustrated with himself and his abilities to not be able to do things like he used to. I keep encouraging my husband to spend as much time with him now, because he isn’t going to be around forever.


- I also did my weekly grocery shop last night. I love shopping on Sunday nights. There is usually like no one there. Joe and I go together and we make it through the store so quickly. We had coupons and I ended up buying the entire week’s worth of lunch and dinner for two people for $59. I definitely have a love/hate relationship with the grocery store. I love that I spend $60 for food for an entire week when it costs Joe and I approximately 20-30 to eat out ONE TIME. That is definitely a great feeling. I hate having to fight the warriors at the store. There are stupid people everywhere, and they seem to flock to where I shop.


- While my weekend was pretty good, I didn’t do an OUNCE of laundry, which I’m sure will come back and bite me in the butt. I despise laundry more than anything and I use any excuse to not do it. Well, since my entire basement floor is covered in dirty clothes, and both mine and my husband’s closets are bare, looks like I’m going to be spending the entire week doing laundry. UGH.

Well that’s my weekend in a nutshell…. What did your weekend look like?

3 comments:

Mama Reg said...

wooo sweet weekend! let me guess...you shop where i shop lol? stupid people galore?! lol...

oh boy, my weekend recap would not be as fun, it included a visit to the hosp, calling hours, working! lol...

its all good tho, i survived!! :)

renee said...

sounds like an AWESOME weekend! i'm so happy for you that you rode 20 miles. that is really impressive! we worked on organizing some of the toys in the kids room. still doing it actually. and i'm now trying to do our laundry that i put off for too long also lol. :D

andrea said...

what is chicken foot? we love games!

and, my ass hurts for you from riding so long. but that is really awesome. it was SO nice saturday.

tell me you secret to spending $60 for a weeks worth of groceries. I amdoing my best to be "frugal" and use coupons and I have never done that good! I am totally jealous