I decided to do a post like this after I read Strawberry Ruckus’ post. I decided to introduce you all to me, and to challenge myself to 75 interesting facts.
So here goes…
1. When I turn 25 I am going to freak out, the same as when I turned 20. There is so much that goes on in this decade of your life, it just overwhelms me sometimes.
2. I had a blast at my wedding and would do it every year if my husband would let me.
3. I grew up with a sister who was my shadow. I thought it wasn’t cool back then, but now I love having a sister.
4. My parents made my husband and I wait until after we were done with college to get married. I wouldn’t have changed it for anything!
5. I played college softball for three years at a division 1 college. I can officially say I am of the few who got the opportunity to play in the NCAA.
6. My best friend played the same positions as me and no one could understand why we weren’t competitive towards each other.
7. My husband is my high school sweetheart.
8. We have never been “broken up” since we started dating at 18, and I plan to keep it that way.
9. I can’t wait to have children, but the actual thought of it makes me sick to my stomach.
10. I am deathly afraid of snakes. I hyperventilate and eventually cry every time I see a picture of one. If I saw a real one I would no doubt faint, possibly have a heart attack.
11. I am convinced that I will be brutally mauled and killed by a shark if I go into the ocean past my knees.
12. I hate steak. Never liked it when I was a kid and I won’t even try it now.
13. To be completely honest, I rarely eat anything besides chicken.
14. My husband truly is my opposite. He keeps me sane and thinking logically most of the time.
15. I’ve never come across a fruit I don’t like, although I am allergic to pomegranate so I don’t really like that one anymore.
16. When we built our house I was in third grade. We got to pick our carpet color and I picked hunter green. I hate the color, but my best friend picked that color for her room.
17. My room at my parent’s house is still hunter green, and I have hated since the day they laid the carpet.
18. My husband has never spent the night at my parent’s house. He feels that he is disrespecting them by sleeping with their daughter. Good thing we live relatively close.
19. We went to Jamaica on our honeymoon, and will never go back. We hated it!
20. I went away to college, but for my whole freshman year I either snuck Joe into the dorms or drove home to stay with him. My parents never found out!
21. I am going to make a terrible “Santa Claus” when we have children.
22. I tell Joe what I get him for Christmas every year as soon as I get home with it.
23. I have opened my Christmas presents under the tree before and wrapped them back up so no one knows.
24. Which is why my parents couldn’t put any gifts under the tree before Christmas morning when we were little. (Ok, until the day I moved out!)
25. I wish all our friends were at the same point in their lives as Joe and I. It would make decisions a lot easier sometimes.
26. Joe and I are very fortunate that we share the same group of friends.
27. Joe’s friends treat me like one of the guys, I didn’t like it at first, but now it’s great!
28. I can’t figure out what the heck I was thinking when I chose accounting as my major.
29. I am a full blown accountant but do not plan on doing this for the rest of my life.
30. I am envious of those people who get to be stay-at-home moms. That is my ultimate goal when we have children.
31. We live very comfortably right now so the chance of us being able to change our ways, pay a mortgage, bills, etc. and me stay at home are basically slim to none.
32. I hate driving and snow and I usually beg Joe to drop me off.
33. He constantly is telling me to put my big girl panties on and do it myself.
34. After all, I have lived in Ohio my entire life.
35. I try to be very independent. I can do tons of stuff on my own.
36. I cannot however, hang curtains with the power drill. It is too freakin heavy to hold over my head for that long. (I learned the hard way, with about 10 holes in the wall!)
37. I will refer to my dog as my “child” for now.
38. Putting down my other dog was the hardest thing I have ever had to do!
39. I hold my husband’s pinky finger. Apparently I did it as a child with my mom. She thinks it’s the cutest thing.
40. I am ok with not having many friends from high school.
41. I HATE wearing a seatbelt even though it saved my life when I was 16.
42. I am convinced it was a man who invented seatbelts, because a woman would never put something so close to the “girls”.
43. I am naturally blonde, but I’m not dumb. Those jokes get old!
44. I absolutely love flying, but damn near have a heart attack every time we take off.
45. I will correct you if you are speaking incorrectly.
46. I also cannot stand misspelled words!
47. I give you 24 hours to call me back, if you don’t return my call, I get really pissed.
48. I am obsessed with blogger and the internet community.
49. I don’t get very many comments, but I love them and I always return the favor.
50. I also spend way too much time on Facebook.
51. My husband has affectionately named me “his little stalker”
52. I was taller than all the boys in elementary school.
53. When I used to have to stand in the back row during class pictures, I used to cry.
54. Now I am 5’6’’ and my husband is 6’1”. Now I wish I were a little taller.
55. I wore braces for 4 years in middle school, and you cannot even tell I had them.
56. I wore my retainers long past when I was supposed but my teeth still moved right back as soon as I took them out.
57. I love Mountain Dew, but I get a stomach ache every time I drink it.
58. I joined Weight Watchers a couple weeks ago, and I love it.
59. I want to, one day, have a job where I help people, and the size of my paycheck doesn’t matter.
60. I call my husband Jose.
61. He calls me Jorge.
62. We aren’t even close to being Mexican/Spanish.
63. I married into an Italian family and I stick out like a sore thumb in family pictures. Find the blonde hair, blue eyed girl!
64. My husband is a better housewife than I am.
65. My husband does the laundry and he cooks AND he cleans.
66. I love spontaneous trips, but we haven’t taken one of those in a while.
67. We are currently in the process of buying a new house, and I’m really nervous!
68. I love painted walls, but don’t have the attention span to paint an entire room.
69. I never wanted a big dog until my husband brought home a black lab, I love her.
70. I’ve never been sled-riding, mostly because I HATE the cold and refuse to go out in it any more than I need to.
71. I have never seen, nor do I desire to see The Goonies.
72. I will put a pool in at my house, I love the water.
73. I love gossiping with girls. My husband won’t let me tell him useless information so I have to talk to my mom/girlfriends at least once a day!
74. I love reading but always have something else to do.
75. I love sleeping in, but seem to be up by 6 every morning and cannot go back to sleep.
So now, you tell me some interesting things about you...