Tuesday, June 23, 2009

TEN THINGS TUESDAY

In conjunction with my earlier post today about the heart association, and more specifically, my aunt… I’m doing reasons why my family means the world to me!

1. My grandpa is by-far my biggest fan. He traveled all over with my mom and I. We had so much fun with him and I never realized how lucky I was to have such a great guy as a grandpa.

2. My mom’s sisters are like my own sometimes. They all care so much about my sister and I. They threw me a great shower for my wedding, and I call them if I need something. I love being in a close-knit family.

3. My grandma is the most generous woman I have ever met. She raised 4 children to all be successful, as well as worked full time. And to boot, she still holds hands with my grandpa. It seriously makes my heart melt.

4. My aunt Tracy trusted me for a whole summer with her infant child’s life. I watched him everyday from 8-5 through my summers in high school. I never knew what a compliment that was, but I was really young. I got good money, had fun, and got to see my family all the time.

5. My cousin Brittany is like a little sister to me. She lives in our old house and we used to see each other on a regular basis, like daily. Now that I’ve moved away, I still make it a point to make a day of it when she does my hair.

6. My dad’s mom always remembers to send us cards for all those little occasions in our lives. She is so good and always finds the perfect card for the occasion. Sometimes I think she spends the entire day in Hallmark looking for the card, but it always puts a smile on my face.

7. I am the third oldest child on my mom’s side of the family. The first two are boys. When we were younger, my boy cousins played “Pretty Pretty Princess” with me. I don’t know if you’ve ever heard of that game, but you put on jewelry and whoever had the crown won. We have several pictures of the three of us playing it, dressed up and everything.

8. Until a few years ago, my family got together every weekend just because. We enjoyed going to see Grandma and Grandpa and loved seeing the whole family at once.

9. I still look forward to holidays at my grandparents. Not because of the gifts or the food, but because we all are in one place, and we are all there to spend quality time together.

10. And most of all, I am thankful that my family loves and accepted Joe into our family immediately. He has been coming around now for 6 years, and my youngest cousins ask where he is if I’m by myself. We truly are a package deal and my family has never made him feel anything but welcome and a part of the craziness that we call “family.”

Please check my prior post, I would really appreciate any donations for the American Heart Association. Also, the money goes directly to the AHA so you don't have to worry about your money getting to the association. And, if you are around the Akron area, October 17th at 10:00 AM is the heart walk. It is a great event, only a two mile walk, and it's for a wonderful cause!

Here's the link to Near and Dear to My Heart where you can find instructions on donating.

Thanks again!

2 comments:

Connie said...

You are so lucky to have such a great family!!

Unknown said...

I agree, so sweet!Stopping by from SITS!